Friday, May 12, 2006

Winding Down



Well, we are nearing the end of our stay here in Cambridge. I will spend a few hours tomorrow (Saturday) repacking the contents of my bag(s) so that I can manage them well. I happened upon a good buy the other day...a nice backpack at a Salvation Army Thrift Store (called appropriately "Sally Ann's")...so that now I can make some purchases and put them in the bag I used for my carry-on on the way over. I will then check that bag so that I don't have to try and stash it over my head on the flight! Sorry...that was rather run-on...

Today is a lovely, sunny day and I am feeling relieved as I have just now completed my reservations for a room at London Heathrow for the night before my homebound flight. I have been putting that off (don't know why) but, not that it is done, I'm very happy!

I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon at the Fitzwilliam Museum in the city centre. I headed directly for the French Artists (1800 - 1900) to view the few Impressionist paintings on display there. But, let me just say...that giftshop! Incredible!! ;-)

I figured out how to upload a picture, as I was able to save all of the pix on my first filled memory card to a CD yesterday! Hooray! However, I'm sorry if there are two of the same images! I don't know why or how that happened! Anyway, this is one view of some of the amazing architecture in King's Street. This is just a hint of things to come & I will share more later!

Today is one of the student's birthday, so I have been invited to join her & some of the other students for dinner, in her honor. I am waiting for a phone call to find out where they are headed - it should be fun!

As my time (both here in Cambridge AND on in the internet cafe) is winding down, I will be signing off for now. Thank you, again, for all of your comments! I look forward to reading them each time I'm online!! That's it for now :-) Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Yea! I'm so happy you figured out how to post a picture! Looking forward to seeing all of them! (And to seeing YOU again!)

The Riley's said...

Will you be having a viewing party when you get back?.... It would be great for you to commentate a slide show! The picture is beatiful! Enjoy London! I look forward to seeing your view on it!

Julia Riley

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Linda! Even in the rain, Edinburgh/London/Bath can't be that bad. Did you get to Roslyn Chapel? No matter where you go or what the weather is like or where you stay in the UK, it's bound to be fascinating and fun.
I haven't had a decent Mocha since you left..I'm reserving a table you a "spot" before you depart for Alaska. Love, Kerry

Andrea said...

Happy Mothers' Day! The boys planted you some sunflowers for Mothers' Day! I hope they did an ok job! (I hope they bloom for you!) They had so much fun and were so proud of themselves! Too bad I didn't have the camera! I love you so much, mom, and hope you had a great day today!

Evey said...

HAPPY BELATED MOTHERS DAY to you:)We both hope you had a wonderful day. Love you!

We have been slacking on commenting but we have been reading and love that you have been able to update. Glad you figured out the picture thing.

Linda MacTravel said...

Evey - it's fun to know that we're online at the same time!!! Woohoo!!