Friday, July 21, 2006

The Oregon(e) Coast

The Oregon(e) (my friend Sue from Ohio pronounces it "OREGONE" for some silly reason) Coast has always been one of my favorite places to visit...to enjoy the beauty, the weather, the sand between my toes, the sounds, the smell of the ocean...all of these things make my senses come alive! This is one of the most outstanding views on the coast ~ it is of the beach at Nehalem taken from a look-out on Neahkahnie Mountain. Years ago, our family camped there at the state park, and we have very fond memories of our time spent building sand castles, getting sunburned, frolicking in the surf, walking across the hot, squeaky sand and playing Boggle by the campfire! I will NEVER tire of going to the beach and I think you can see why this is one of my favorites!!
This sunset is our reward for just being there! This production occurs each and every evening with a different result every time! What a spectacular event with the "silver lining" and the rays streaming out in all directions! I could have taken a picture every 30 seconds and no two would have been alike! God's MAJESTY is revealed in His Creation!! What a gift ~ AWESOME!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh..Gott sie dank und oh, sooo schoen... omame

Evey said...

Gorgeous pictures. So fun you got to escape to the beach for a few days. Also love the flower pictures below, capturing the dragon fly made for a great picture. Glad to see new posts on your blog:)

Andrea said...

WOW! Beautiful! When are WE going back!? Ha!